Oh Boy! Just 8 days until our cruise. I finally firmed up my Ketchikan plans. (Read my 2018 post on Ketchikan planning.)
We’ll be in Ketchikan from 8am to 5pm, so a nice long port day. I booked an early excursion, Lighthouse, Totems & Eagles, one that I’ve not done before. The description:
- You’ll cruise out of Ward Cove on your way to the Guard Island Lighthouse, established in 1901 and still in operation today.
- No other excursion offers this itinerary, nor offers a view of Totem Bight State Park from the water.
- You’ll be treated to panoramic views of 14 towering, hand-carved Tlingit & Haida totem poles and the Alaska Native clan house at Totem Bight State Park.
- Your Captain will share the navigational intrigue around Alaska’s Danger Island and you’ll circumnavigate or have clear view of a total of 12 islands on your tour route. Many of these islands are inhabited only by Alaska’s wildlife.
- Enjoy complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, tea, water, soft drinks as well as a tasting of local Alaskan delicacies, including our signature smoked salmon dip.
Sounds like a lot of fun to me, and a good workout for my camera!
I booked the early excursion because Ketchikan is my favorite place to shop and I’ll have more than 4 hours to do so once I get back from the excurion. I fully intend to buy myself an anniversary present at the Arctic Spirit Gallery, in addition to gifts for my family back home. Hubby won’t know what hit him.
Hubby is on notice!
I haven’t heard of that excursion before. That’s one I think I would appreciate doing also. Looking forward to seeing your pictures from there. I also like to do excursions early in the day so that I have the rest of the day to look around town and shop or hangout.
This excursion, offered both through NCL and independently, definitely caught my interest. If you’d like to see more about it, check this link out: https://lighthouseexcursion.com/lighthouse-totems-eagles-excursions/